Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Highlander - A Center for Justice in the Rocky Mountains!

by Fance Hector-Henderson

When you look into the Rocky Mountains and you see the view of the beautiful place by the name of Highlander, it might just give you an eye-popping moment. All the historical thinkgs that took place in a such a beautiful place is just unbelieveable. First when the van drove up to this place I was like – “What is going on. Why am I in the mountains.” Walking alongside the building the grass tickled my feet. When I arrived into the building I was greeted by a beautiful African-American female named Ms. Tufara and Mr. Ron. Mr. Ron explained how Highlander is now and how it was before. Ms. Tufara focused on her personal life and how it inspired her to want to work with youth at Highlander. Ms. Tufara’s experience touched me as a young African female and made me think – “Well hey, when you are determined you can make great progress.” The way Ms. Tufara spoke made me look up to her as a true role model. I really enjoyed the view and the discussion. I was impressed that people kept Highlander going even after the place was burned down by people who didn’t want the races to be able to meet together. I definitely encourage all my readers to visit the place and enjoy the information as I did.

No comments: